The Four Corners Foundation (4CF) was founded in 2003 as an advocate for the thoughtful and strategic use of water in the Gallatin River Watershed and beyond. We are a private nonprofit, primarily funded through the Willow Springs Family Foundation.
Our work is motivated by three goals:
Education Leads to Action
Working toward a deep understanding of where our water comes from, how much of it there is, and where it goes, can help keep the Gallatin Watershed healthy and productive forever.
- Healthy rivers with adequate instream flows that support the needs of agriculture, local communities, and natural areas
- Open spaces that ensure the long term health of our watershed
- Water rights and the way of life these rights support
- Clean, pollution-free water
- People who respect these precious resources and act accordingly.
“No settled family or community has ever called itself an “environment”. The real names of the environment are the names of rivers and valleys; creeks, ridges, and mountains; towns and cities; lakes and woodlands; lanes, roads, creatures, and people.”